Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Monday, December 04, 2006
Sketchy Cooking - Corn and Bacon Dip
My most successful recipe yet (from page 237 if you are playing along at home).

It's simple. You take 8 oz of bacon and cook it till it's crispy stopping before it's burned (I got the crispy part right in my attempt, but not so much the non burned part). You then take two ears of corn cut the kernals off and boil them for 10 minutes. Pulse them with one clove of garlic, along with some pepper, salt, and whatever else you would like, in a blender until they get nice and pulsed, then drop 8 oz of Cream Cheese in and pulse some more. Finish off with the bacon - putting most in, and some on the top.

The recipe was very good with crackers, and had some staying power as well. You could make it and snack on it over the weekend, or take it with some crackers and a butter knife to a party. You'll be the belle of the ball. Maybe.
posted by Bryant @ 12:31 PM  
|

This website does three things

1. I will on a weekly or bi-weekly basis present comedic sketches I have written. Your mileage may vary.

2. I will also be cooking and reporting on recipes I make from the many cookbooks I have. I will be starting with a book of appetizer recipes and moving up from that. I will be reporting here rather than cooking.

3. I also think I will write the occasional feature on comedy or on things I find funny.

If I can I will also provide a weekend radio station of sorts. We'll have to see how that goes.

The title of this blog comes from a song by Simple Minds called "70 Cities as Love Brings the Fall." It is off of an album called Sons and Fascination. Ironically Sons and Fascination was doubled packed with an album called Sister Feelings Call, and I thought, making this site, that the song was from that album. I was, as it turns out, mistaken. The color scheme for this website is taken from Sister Feelings Call, though, and since I think it's a better scheme I don't plan on changing it.

 
About Me

Name: Bryant
Home: Nowhereville, Denial, United States
About Me: Ask me no questions, I'll tell you no lies. Well that's not strictly true.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox

There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. - Steven Wright

Other things
Check out my sister blog -
  • Make me a Commentator!!!
  • Links
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER